I had spent quite a few hours working on it, and I liked the general design, but the more I worked on it the more it began to "cup", until it became very clear that it would never lay flat
which meant it would never be a really "show quality" piece
everything except the bezels around the stones was removed and I started over
which meant I could keep the parts of the design that I liked best and even improve on them -- like that basket weave look there around the center stone
I have a couple more rows of beading to do on each side and I'll be putting the round stones back on
liking the way this looks even better -- and YES, it will lay flat
I especially like the eyes on the cat!
as I was saying in my last post, after I painted the back deck, I was in a lot of pain
almost 3 weeks later, I'm still hurting, and my doctor has not been able to figure out what the issue is
so I haven't done much work at the design wall
but earlier this week I got back to it -- I'm really pleased with the way it is going now -- the bottom left corner is complete, so I'm on the home stretch!
the quilting on this got delayed too, but I have now finished all of the field parts
next up the rest of the fence then the road
it's coming along!
so before I headed out to the local fairgrounds for the big Colorado Quilt Council's annual show yesterday, I told the DH that we were on the lookout for "dry grass"
I came home with a nice variety of patterning and color to use on this --
Yippee -- the work can continue!
time to get to it