Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ouch!


Well, not as much happening in the studio the last few days. On Sunday morning I woke up feeling fine, but somehow during the morning, my back went "out" and I've been "hobbling" ever since. OUCH!

My beading work has been slowed down too....our jewelry scale (which I use to weigh each vial of beads when I begin a project, and again at the end so I know how much to charge for materials) broke on Saturday evening, and I'm impatiently waiting for the replacement to arrive. The up side is that the latest bead order arrived, so when the scale gets here, I can start on the Icon...YEAH!

Meantime, I've been working on blocks (see picture of the first one) for two lap quilts to be Christmas gifts (that's right folks, CHRISTMAS!!) best to get work in on them while I can because once the show season starts, I usually don't have time for this kind of work. This is also good to work on while sitting in hospital waiting rooms, which I will be doing a bit of the next few weeks.

On a personal note, keep us in your prayers....our (adult) daughter is having her tonsils removed tomorrow, and my dad is having cancer surgery (major 8 hour procedure) on Feb 28. Thanks!

No comments: