Monday, August 14, 2006

Work from KISA




He has completed his first bear!!

Isn’t Dale adorable???

The bear is mohair, all hand stitched. She is fully jointed, filled with polyfil. She has glass eyes (with our newly developed eye lids) and a waxed nose.

He also did all of the painting on her carousel rocking horse.

I think the whole package is just wonderful.



And the flamingo is now done too.

This is Fern.

I just love the way her toes turn out, and she stands up all on her own.

I can’t say thank you enough to Sun Ann Holcolm for sharing her techniques for the feet with us!!

Fern’s first public showing will be this weekend in St. Joseph, MO, as a display piece to hang jewelry on, so it will be interesting to see what people think of her.


Busy day yesterday working on laying out a new bear design to work on while we’re on the road. I’ll also be taking the dodo for in car work.

I had a meeting with my new consulting client yesterday afternoon, and when I returned I almost drove right past the house as I usually key on the mail box as the place to turn. In my absence KISA had replaced the old bear up teal colored mail box with a brand shiny new bright white one!! It needed to be done, I just didn’t expect it to happen while I was away. It looks just grand.

Work progresses on the Solar piece, I’ve finished the red on one side and am now working on the other side where the read is a much larger segment.

Now have almost 2 blocks of the cat quilt complete, and I’m half way around the piecing of the track for the car quilt.

Well, today we have quite a list of household chores and packing for the show, and I do want to get some more work done on other things, so I need to get started!

No comments: