Thursday, June 21, 2007

nothing much at all, thank you.....

at least nothing that I can show off yet, got done in the studio yesterday.


I spent a lot of time yesterday working on flowers for my cake decorating class, including this one that I made up all on my own. To see a bit more of those activities, use this link to go to Hattie's Kitchen and check it out.


meantime, work progresses on the new piece of jewelry. I have finished working the bezels around the 5 pieces of stone and have even finished backing one of them. Sometimes it amazes me how much faster this bezel and backing process goes than it did when I first started....practice makes perfect I guess!

I decided that even tho' the last piece I had submitted to Bead and Button was rejected, that I would send in something else. So, this morning a letter and a photo of the iolite and sunstone necklace is out in the box waiting for the postman to pick it up. Perhaps if I just bury them in pictures they'll eventually see on that they actually like! (I'm told that persistance pays off, so I'm putting it to the test)

work on the quilt and the plastic bag tote continue as well

as I was knitting away on the wool that we're going to felt and make into an animal I decided that we should perhaps name the animal Cafe au lait since it is a dark coffee brown and a warm beige color....interesting thought

its hot. As I predicted would happen; we went from cooler than normal, rainy weather to the upper 90s without much space in between. And I don't do heat very well, so I will be staying indoors with the fan and a cool glass of iced tea today! Maybe I'll get a lot of work done on that necklace!

No comments: