Sunday, October 05, 2008

some done, some begun

At last, success in creating a wand

I used a piece of a very narrow dowel rod and a glass bead that I made at the torch

The glass is a sort of gray/green with swirls of gold glitter in it, and after I tapered the end, I painted the dowel with gold glitter nail polish

So now the little wizard is ready to go into his box (which I did NOT have to go out and hunt for, I used the one that my sister had sent me something in a while back -- it's a perfect fit!).




Another necklace complete.

This is the fifth one made out of parts of the original beaded collar.

I'm experimenting with working a bead net around a facetted lab created citrine -- the stone is rectangular, which makes for some interesting challenges in creating a net. Pictures to follow if I like the results and finish the piece.


Finished the first of the Christmas knitting last night, and added another 25 pieces to the quilt block







Last weekend at the show we did I accepted a restoration project from the promoter of the show.

This is a Steiff giraffe, circa 1950s

This is a a photo of what the face is SUPPOSED to look like

At some point someone's child (or pet) did a lot of "french kissing" with this poor little critter, and someone else tried to repair it -- and used (ACK!) GLUE --- shudder

I will be "re-creating" his mouth and taking a stitch here and there where seams are popping

Then I'll contact his owner and set up the billing and shipping

This is actually the second vintage Steiff I've repaired, and I feel sure that the restoration will work out just fine.

when we went into the Walgreen's to pick up some things yesterday, I found these priced at 2 for $1.00

This allows me the flexibility to experiment with a beading project I've been designing for a competition ---- think Mardi Gras!

and so the projects continue!

No comments: