Sunday, January 25, 2009

A new necklace

Most of the necklaces that come out of the sudio and involve metals and facetted stones are made by the DH.

The past year or so I've been experimenting a bit with learning something about that side of the projects too.

A couple of days ago the post man brought a backorder package of supplies.

The lovely pear shaped "basket" setting was in it.

Originally the DH had ordered this setting for a specific stone -- problem was, that stone wouldn't fit!

So we went through all of the pear shaped stones we had on hand and found this really nice 2.1 carat blue topaz.

Not only did I put the stone in, I cut the bulk chain and attached the lobster clasp and the jump ring to complete the chain.

Nice, no?

Last night I finished the second piece of the Unidentified Christmas Project --- I have decided that this project really calls for a journal that will go along with it, and I just happened to have a suitable blank book on hand, so I'll be spending some time working on that too.

And the odd orange knitting continues too --- I'll probably get the last pieces of this finished today.

moving right along!!

4 comments:

Nancy G said...

Nice job, and lovely necklace! And I think the journal to go with the quilt is a great idea.

Laura Lynn said...

Bev that is simply beautiful!!!!

Bev said...

thanks to you both

CouponAlbum said...

Adorable design of necklace!! Love it's cool color choice!!