Monday, March 02, 2009

Bullseye!

The zebra has been all stitched ----

and turned ---

and stuffed ---

and ready -- wait --- what?

hmmmm, it seems that knitting stripes in this pattern results in --
{gasp!}

a bullseye on the butt!!

Let me tell you, this development lead to a lot of giggling and several smart comments from the DH regarding "that's where the tail goes". I guess I've discovered a new game -- not pin the tail on the donkey, but sew a tail on the zebra.

What a hoot!!

Meantime, back at the drafting desk, the first draft chart for the giraffe body (and neck) is complete

After having knit a horse and the aforementioned bullseye zebra, I'm at least beginning to understand the mechanics of the idea.

I'm thinking about making a few more changes before the knitting begins, but we'll see


Yesterday I did about 2/3 of the bead embroidery on the black magic piece. If I get enough work time today I'll probably get the rest of the embroidery done on that and be ready to start on the backing tomorrow. Yippee!!

Today of course there is laundry to be done. And a trip to the store, so not as much work will be done on projects

time to get to it!

No comments: