Tuesday, August 10, 2010

on to the next deadline

which is the first part of October when I need to have all of my items ready for the November/December show

this is the first finished item specifically for that

I put in the zipper and the lining yesterday -- love that I was actually able to get some fabric that had exactly the same colors in it!

another felted bag is on the "to do" list for this show, but I'm going to finish the Zinnia Scarf first (and it is at about 60% done, so I'm whipping right along there)

one of the things that I must have for that show is some kind of hang tags that are big enough to put in washing instructions, material content, etc., etc.

so I needed to come up with something different that I've used for years for my teddy bears and jewelry

a while back I acquired a package of 2 1/2 by 5 inch cards that are scored in the middle to make cards out of (they were bought for another purpose and the score in the middle made them unusable for that purpose, so they've just been sitting around)

they're about the perfect size -- and I'm thinking about using this little graphic on the front of them -- experimentation is in progress

time to get moving -- we need to go and vote, then on to the hardware store for the rest of the needed sod and lawn edging to finish the fence edging

onward!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh that's wonderful. The lining is perfect. That's so cheerful!