Monday, September 14, 2020

what's happening in the studio


finished!

this piece began a few months ago, created out of the t shirts I had been collecting and saving from our various athletic activities, community involvement and our daughter's school productions



these two photos were taken before it was backed and quilted, but they show just how big this quilt is

 I had finished the quilt top on August 14, at least the DH got to see it

and now it will go on the bed -- it's not really cold enough to sleep under it yet as the temperatures here are back up in the 80s, but it won't be long before I'll need it

 


this is a piece for my Women's Work series -- right now I'm calling it "Ironing Day" -- started working on the background yesterday afternoon

 

I'm spending some time almost every day doing some deep cleaning, doing some paperwork and working on some kind of art

 

working toward creating a new sense of "normal"

No comments: