Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Bears!

And aren't they just adorable?

The two bigger ones are the new ones. The little yellow one is one of the standard issue Shreddies that I've made dozens of.

During the show season, a lady bought one of the small size ones then she came back at another show and asked if I ever made bigger ones. So, here you are, from left to right: Shreddie, Shreddie II, and Shreddie III

Today I emailed her a picture of them, and I'm hoping that she will email me back and tell me she wants them both. If not, they'll go into the standard inventory for our next bear show (which is in April).

Meantime, we do have a number of other critters in process. Over the weekend, we either laid out (which entails drawing the pattern pieces on the back of the fabric for the cutting) or cut out the following:

small dog (new pattern)
mouse (DH's new pattern)
small wolf (new pattern)
flamingo (modified pattern)
open mouth bear (modified pattern)
black sheep
white sheep
open mouth polar bear (new pattern)

I still need to get another toucan done, but since that is the most complex because of the many colors and types of fur, I saved it for last, and haven't gotten there yet.

Yesterday afternoon I worked on the narrow tiger eye cuff bracelet. After doing those two pieces with the size 15 beads, this one seemed to fly in the size 11s! I have 2/3 of the butterfly pattern in the center finished. I'm thinking I'll be trying the 2 bead edging on this one when I attach the back, especially because I have to "sandwich" the brass cuff between the beading layer and the leather backing.

Meantime today, its also those mundane things to do: put away the good china from Christmas dinner, do laundry, run out for a bag of melt because another storm is on its way.....time to get to it

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

Yes, they are adorable! And I would imagine it to be much easier to size up the pattern, rather than size it down, at least as far as construction is concerned. Have you heard from the lady yet? I don't know how she could possibly resist getting them!

Bev said...

nope, but at this time of year, and considering the weather, we'll give it the benefit of the doubt!

actually, sizing either way has its challenges, just different ones!