Monday, April 02, 2007

the show season has begun...

Yesterday during the time I'm usually at my computer writing and blogging and things, I was in the van headed up the highway toward Denver to do our first art show of the season.

The first show of the year usually has "kinks" -- something doesn't make it into the van, or something doesn't work properly, or we have to have a major "discussion" about how we'll set things up.



For a first show of the year, it went amazingly well! Our discussion about set up was held in the van on the way over the hill, and the set up went smoothly.

We didn't sell a lot, but I got LOTS of compliments on the new bead work, which tells me when we get to some of the bigger shows, we should do well.




While at the show, we purchased a loaf of Pashka Bread.....a traditional Ukranian sweet bread for Easter.....sort of like Challah....I'm looking forward to it!! And didn't the baker do a wonderful job decorating the top!!





Riding in the car gives me time to knit, so I got this afghan square done, and have started another one.

The picture really doesn't do this justice. The yarn color is called Peridot, and it is a lovely spring green with little flecks of red, purple, orange, blue...neat stuff! I got the only skein the store had out of the "el cheapo" bargin bin. I'm sure this originally came in some other colors, and it would have been fun to knit a sweater out of --- just not this color on me! Anyway, its fun to knit afghan squares with!




And I have now done 2 of the 14 "half football" pieces for the quilt. This week I will need to get the center pieces cut so this project is ready for the road.

Today it will mostly the mundane things of life: laundry, unloading the van, a little shopping, paperwork from the show....then its on to finishing the last animals for our show in Nevada City --- ONLY 11 DAYS FROM NOW!

gotta get moving.........

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Love the pics, Bev!! And great about the show in Nevada City!!

Bev said...

thanks Kelly! I'm really looking forward to being back in California for a week!!