Tuesday, June 16, 2009

glue resist and balloon backgrounds

The fabric that I did glue resist on went through the washer with the laundry yesterday

The color seems a bit more muted and not so speckled

Even after the trip through the washing machine, there is some stiffness to the places where the glue resist was.

It's not as stiff, but it is definately different that the rest of the piece

I think this piece now needs a lot more embellishing with stitching, stamping, beads, etc. I may make it into a pillow --- we'll see



I realized I had been talking about the background for the balloon piece, but I hadn't let ya'll see the great painting the DH did for it!

Here it is

Even though it's hard to see in this picture, this is painted on a piece of clear plexiglass, and the paints let the light come through really well --- which was exactly the "look" I want for the back of this piece.

The beadwork band for the inside edge is coming along.

The strip began there on the left side where the dark blue of the mountain begins and I'm now about half way through the green on the bottom edge. (And I'll be real happy to get the green done because those are the one bead I'm using that has to be sorted for size, thickness, etc., etc., because they were a bulk purchase.)

movin' right along

No comments: