back on the first of March I posted a picture of where we thought we would be moving to -- we were pretty excited that it would be a pretty easy move with just a few days between one house and the next one
apparently, it was not supposed to be, as the whole deal fell apart early last week because so many problems were uncovered in the inspection that the seller refused to fix or pay for us to fix ---- no, I'm not paying you full asking price under those conditions!!
so the end of last week it was off again to find someplace to move to
it has a 3 car garage which means I will be able to store things in part of it, the DH will be able to have his wood workshop in part of it, and I will be able to part my vehicle in it (WOW! I've never been able to do that!!!)
in addition to that it has an unfinished basement that we will be finishing to my specifications to create the studio that I want (I figure I've been working out of makeshift studios for quite a while, I can wait a few more months to have exactly what I want!)
we are supposed to close on this on April 15 ---- Happy Tax Day!
and because the growing season last year yielded a lot of pumpkins, there were a large number of bags of pumpkin there which I decided to reduce by making a pie
except I decided to use egg beaters in it -- uh, not a good idea! it rose up like an amazing souffle only to crash over the edge creating a very messy looking pie and a huge mess in the over (I'm really glad I hadn't cleaned that yet!!)
it tasted good, although the texture was somewhat softer than a usual custard pie
I'll be making one more pie, but I'm sticking to "real" eggs this time!
it's coming right along, but it will be getting packed up later this week -- beading requires really good lighting, and since we'll be in a hotel for a couple of weeks between houses, this will be put on hold until the move is complete
this is the quilt top I'm working on for my daughter's bed, and it will travel with us in the van so I can work on it while we're waiting
the beginning of my 2015 Hoffman Challenge piece
this year's fabric is a very busy print, so it took me a long time to figure out what to do with it
the red tone ring in this picture is part of that challenge fabric
I'll be using pieces like that in various places in this design, and now that I've started working on it I'm getting pretty excited about it
Today we start the last serious packing of rooms --- need to get to the point that we're "camping out" in just a couple of rooms by the end of the week!