Saturday, September 15, 2018

Some really amazing news

in an effort to not have to try and remember what happened in the time between posts, I decided to just post something when something good happens

yesterday was one of those days

I received an email from the curator of the show "Green" in the Webster Arts gallery (St. Louis, MO) that this piece has been awarded Best of Show

had to read the email a couple of times to have that sink in ----- WOW!

especially exciting since this was the piece that launched the whole Parched Earth series (and I guess something good was bound to happen with it -- it's been accepted to every show I've entered it in)

so exciting!!!



and in other good news

this piece is all quilted and bound

still need to put a label on it and get some good photos with the studio camera so I can enter it in a show somewhere

only a little progress on this piece since the last post -- I'm working on some Christmas projects, so I didn't get as much done here as I hoped to


I have finished the patterns for the piece I will be sending to Boulder County Arts after my stay at Caribou Ranch

and work on the back ground has begun

this one actually has a deadline, so it needs to be done before I return to the Water Tower piece


meantime, these two pieces of furniture that have been in the family for a very long time have been passed on to the next generation

my cousin's daughter and her husband came and picked them up and she sent me these pictures of them in their new home

I'm really happy to see them go to a family member that has a need for them!

which also means I'm moving things around and rearranging furniture here in my house --- that part is still a work in progress

time to get to it

No comments: