Thursday, May 01, 2008

another bear -- maybe










Ok, this is basically what I did ALL DAY yesterday

and I'm still not totally happy with it

there's something about the face I'm still bothered by

maybe its the tip (upwards) of the head
maybe its the lower jaw (does it stick out too far?)
maybe more hair needs to be clipped off the muzzle
maybe I should outline the mouth with a rust colored thread

maybe, maybe

anyway, I'm thinking there will be more "messin'" with this one before I put her in the line for a hang tag

I should note, however, that the feet I'm pretty happy with -- those are EMBROIDERED -- not done with paint or marker -- took about an hour to do all of that interlocked satin stitch



So after I spent all that time with the yellow bear, I moved on to yellow fabric and the "wing works"

Remember I was talking about having the wings tips of the angels be "free" from the base of the panels?

Well, I decided to experiment with that and this is what I came up with -- I think its pretty cool -- it could even have the tip of each one top stitched with a gold metallic thread to keep them smooth and add some sparkle!

I definately think this idea is a "GO!"

and so who knows what I'll work on today -- there are a couple more bears (Ok, about FIVE more bears) that are semi-patiently waiting for me to put faces on them, and there's the new beaded piece I've been working on, and the flyers for the show to be addressed -- we'll see what I feel like doing when we get done with the errands out of the house that we have to do

and we're off!!

No comments: