Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Exercising the word for the year

 my word for this year is REACH

yesterday I took a long reach and cut this quilt

and I've already been using the InkTense pencils on it, darkening the hat stand

and now I'm thinking about trying to create a hat box to totally cover the hat at the bottom of the piece

painter's do this kind of rework all the time -- painting over whatever part of the canvas that doesn't "work" for the greater good of the piece

I've never done this before -- in a way it's sort of liberating!

this piece is slowly coming together

after a trip to the fabric store yesterday, I've started attaching the circles to the backing 

this one too is a REACH since it is different than my usual style and size

looking good!


the latest piece from the garage workshop!

the DH finished up the stand he built for my new printer -- it has a nice sturdy shelf under it to set paper on

I've already put it to use!

this is his next project

originally it was a closet for doll clothes for my daughter

he's going to rework it into a kitchen cabinet unit for Mr Cute to go with his stove

first step?  he's taking the drawers apart to rebuild them





1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I'm not sure I'm picturing the hat/box yet; I'm curious to see how it comes out.

A stray thought for whatever it's worth, and I'm trying to remember the name of the site I saw it--of a musician who also does woodworking, who asked the local piano shop that ran an ad for trade yours in get a bargain, what do you do with the old ones?

They confessed they sent them to the dump.

There was some gorgeous woodwork in those old pianos, and the man asked if he could have one. And then another. And another. He turned them into desks, etc.

Just in case the thought would be of any use.

(Found it: it's this guy.) http://www.tinkertunes.com/your-name-rings-a-bell