and it was accepted!!
I'm pretty excited about seeing me work in that setting!
the backing is on, the edging is done and I've started making the chain -- I decided to do this chain that is actual hexagonal links for this piece -- it's a bit "fiddly" and more time consuming than what I've done on some other pieces, but it has a better look for this piece
I hope to get this finished in the next couple of weeks
the deadline for this piece (and the two others that go with it) is the end of October, so I need to move this one right along
although this week I spent a good deal of time removing and replacing pieces in the sky, and even replaced one of the blades on the windmill
but I'm much happier with it now
the frame that was originally on this painting had gotten damaged, so he created this new one for it
and now the painting has gone to my daughter's house to be properly hung
he used beetle kill lumber that was tongue and grooved for use as paneling or flooring, but I really like the gray tones with the browns of the wood
the pants were just too small at the first "fitting", so I have remade those and now I can move forward
we had a good time reading it together over the weekend
Last Thursday I made a visit to a specialist to see if there was something that could be done to improve function and decrease the pain in my shoulder that has lingered on since I painted the deck back in September. She gave me a cortisone shot in the shoulder and I've been resting it as well as doing icing and stretching. I believe it's getting better --- now I just have to be careful not to overdo it and re-injure it!