I did pretty well making sure that items that I knew I would need right away were in boxes that were clearly marked. For the most part we've been able to do whatever work needed to be done without having to go and buy a lot of duplicate tools or materials.
Except for this
Early on I borrowed my daughter's for a week or so, but it soon became apparent that I needed to get one that I could continue to use until the studio is ready -- there are just too many things I do to make art that require this tool!
This piece, for example, is now in the finishing stage -- yesterday I cut the edges and started putting on the facings
That activity requires some "aggressive pressing" to make sure the edges are firmly turned under and there are no "ugly edges"
The replacement iron is working adequately -- it will probably continue to live in the laundry room when studio is finished -- who knows, I might actually iron a piece of clothing -- but don't hold your breath waiting for that!
This has been a busy week
I have hired a contractor to turn this unfinished space into my studio
In order to do that, these walls must all come down. They were put in by a previous occupant without permits and the workmanship is awful, so the decision was made to just rip it all out and start over
The most positive thing about this space is that the rough in for the plumbing is already here which makes the plumbing part of this project much easier!
There will be a bathroom and a room that I will use as an office at this end and all of the rest of the space will be open to be used as studio space for the DH and I
Time to hang out the sign that says "Watch This Space" -- let the demolition begin!!!