Tuesday, October 27, 2015

wait -- how did it get to be Tuesday already?!

normally I write this post on Sunday morning, but I just didn't get there!


I was busy doing things like entering these two quilts in a Regional SAQA show -- a process that sometimes makes me a little crazy since each show seems to have it's own idea of what the photos should look like!

In order to take these two pictures (and the two detail shots that go with them), I wanted to get my design wall hung -- FINALLY!

we managed to accomplish that last week -- hurrah!

this piece is finished and has gone to the professional photographer to have pictures taken so I can enter it in a national competition -- because of the shiny surfaces and the light colors I just didn't feel like I had the expertise to take the kind of quality photos it will take for this piece to be accepted in that competition

the deadline for entering this piece is Saturday (Happy Halloween!), so I'm sliding in right under the wire with this -- a little too close for my comfort

and this is the beginning of the next big piece I'll be working on -- working title is "out to pasture", and I'm just fiddling with line drawings right now, but I'm getting excited to start working on it

the edge of this piece is finally finished!  so now I'm working on the fringe -- which is proceeding in the usual two steps forward, one step back approach -- it's getting there

meantime, I'm working on a couple of Christmas presents that I can't show you here, but they are moving along too

and these hats are the beginning of my Christmas card creating -- stamped the pattern four times on a piece of card stock and colored each hat differently then scanned them into my computer and printed out 5 pages -- 140 little hats to be cut out, and I'm over half way done with the cutting ---- moving right along!

time to get back to work





No comments: