Sunday, October 08, 2006

more work being done.....



Finally got the "chain" of this one finished.....the beads I had on hand to use for the core were a bit smaller than the ones I usually use, and after I got them strung on the center cord, I discovered the string was too tight to work the spiral around...the good thing about glass beads is in this situation the fix is easy....just use a pair of flat nose pliers and crush one (or more) of the core beads. (Yeah, and once I figured that out after spending a lot of time mumbling, it went much faster!)




This is the first of the cars for the car quilt....who says curved seams are evil? I still need to embroider the number 59 on the side, but I've already begun working on the next car....there are 12 of them in the quilt, so we're moving along.

I have finished 1/4 of the binding on the cat quilt.

ok, places to go, people to annoy!

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

That car is too cute! And the beads very nice!

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly!