Monday, October 23, 2006

Socks & rocks & show review



Well, this weekend's show was MUCH better!!

Beginning on Friday with set up, we didn't have to haul everything up a flight of stairs by ourselves. Just 3 little steps outside, and lots of strong willing teenagers to help out....much better!! And we had the same great help with tear down on Sunday afternoon too.

We actually did better at the show too....maybe because we weren't so exhausted!!




I have found that I spend a lot of time at shows explaining what the pieces they are looking at are, and I have the distinct feeling sometimes that they don't really believe that I made them.

So, at 2 day shows, I try to always have something with me that I am working on, so that I can show them what I stitch through and the size of the beads, etc., etc.

So I worked on some more of the pieces for the river. This odd shaped stone is a piece of obsidian that is thin at one end and thick at the other....very interesting shape.



This nice oval piece is a real pretty blue, I just have no idea what the stone is! It is a a very thick stone, but even all around.



And this is the progress being made (not at the show) on the necklace of wood beads to match the bracelet....its coming along nicely too.....



While riding up and back to the show, I finished the first of the 3 Christmas socks I need to do this year......I think this looks really good!!

Well, its time to get moving....lots of paperwork to do today.

No comments: