Sunday, October 15, 2006

Show Review



This was our booth set up for this weekend's show.

The show was held in a lovely facility, indoors, nice wood floors, in a great neighborhood.

However, it comes under the catagory of "remind me again why we do this".....load in and load out was difficult....upstairs (either a long curved stairway, or a short steep one) and we were not supposed to use the "handicap only" elevator.

Needless to say, today we are both beat....

We had lots of positive comment to our newest pieces, but since we did not make expenses on this one, we will not got back....chalk it up to one more not to do.

I did manage to get about 8 inches of knitting done on the new Christmas sock I'm doing, which is good. I have 2 more socks to do after this one (one for our dog and one for my daughter's), so I'll be working in this mode for a while.

The design for "Let the River Run" is coming along, I should be able to begin stitching around the stones either today or tomorrow.

I have set up the wood beads and cord to begin working on the necklace that will go with the bracelet that I finished the other day.

Time to go finish the tax forms and bank deposit for the show, then we have to unload the van (we just couldn't face that last night!)

2 comments:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Hi Bev, sorry it was a tough one, but the table looked great!

Bev said...

Thanks Kelly....doing shows is a lot knowing which one NOT to do, so we're still learning....basically the prices of my stuff scares a lot of the "school house" show attendees, so I'm not reall surprised....and there's always next week!