Sunday, June 07, 2009

Carried Away

at long last, the promised pictures of the progress on the balloons

In the pictures these two look like they are the same size --- but if you look closely at the size of the individual beads, you'll see that the yellow one is actually smaller

(Ok, not a lot smaller, but smaller!)

Yesterday afternoon I started working on the next one which is a sort of pastel rainbow vertical stripe, and it's coming along nicely

Meantime, the DH is working on the back ground piece

So before too long I'll actually have to figure out the whole "how do I actually suspend these inside the frame" issue --- which should be interesting

Recognize these?

Aside from carrying the color out onto the frame from the beaded Birds in the Mist, I wanted to add something on the frame that takes the picture even further

I think something like these will do that job nicely

Yesterday the DH brought in a piece of scrap wood that I coated with gesso so I can experiment with how I will paint on the frame --- or draw on the frame --- I'm going to try colored pencils and markers and maybe even paint (though I'm not near as good with a brush as I am with a needle!)

Onward!

No comments: