Thursday, June 18, 2009

Giraffe!

Finally complete!

And isn't it adorable?

I especially love the ears!!

While the ears looked like they would stand up okay on their own, I ended up putting a pipe cleaner on the outside edges of them by doing a single crochet over the pipe cleaner all around.

The nose is two rows of contrasting color single crochet too --- worked right into the knitting stitched in a curve around the nostril outline.

And see how long the neck is? I used a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe inside, and the butt is weighted with a combination of plastic doll pellets and copper beebees.

Yes, this is definately the most off the wall critter I've created yet!!

So today (even though it is NOT Monday) I'm doing laundry so I can pack for our trip. We will be heading out to our daughter's tomorrow, then on to California on Saturday morning. I'm planning to blog some while we're gone, but probably not every day. I'm taking along a paper journal kit to do drawings, etc., on the road, so I'm hoping to have some of that to post when I return.

time to get busy!!

4 comments:

Nancy G said...

TOO CUTE!!! Good thing you put the pellets and BB's in the butt, or those ears just might get enough lift to fly that fafa away!

Barbi by the Sea said...

Dear Bev, loved your post. The giraffy is way too adorable. You have truly captured his/her personality. Enjoy your trip and just have so much fun. I was glad to hear your medical challenge is taken care of. I had the same event last October before we moved.
I still owe you your dinner. We will have to do it when you get back from your California trip.
Keep creating and be happy

Bev said...

Thanks to you both ---- you'll have to come see mr. fafa in person!

AlisonH said...

Oh fun! My word verification is grank; would that make a good name for him?