Sunday, June 14, 2009

a little more work

and the final ballon is complete!

the DH has finished painting the piece of plastic that will be the back of the shadow box frame

now it's on to creating a beaded band to fit all around the inside edges of the frame



meantime, we're still fussing with the frame for Birds in the Mist

even though the test sample looked pretty good, the attempt on the actual frame did not, so sanding and re-gesso-ing is probably the next step, then another approach

yesterday I mailed off the two necklaces to Fire Mountain Gems for the competition --- I'm now back in "waiting" mode

and the premium book for the State Fair is now available, so I can think about entering things there --- my main complaint is that this year the catagories I usually enter in are supposed to be turned in on three different days instead of all on one day like they were last year ---- grrrrrrr --- I wasn't really planning on making three drives down to turn things in --- sure would like to know what their thinking was on that point

I really am putting in quite a bit of work on projects just now, but one of the biggest ones I can't talk about here --- all to be revealed at a later (after Christmas) date

so there ya go

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

The balloons are looking really good; I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Okay, who was the genius who came up with that idea? Just what everyone wants to do for fun - drive to Pueblo multiple times in the heat of the summer. I guess it could be worse; you could live in the northern half of the state!

Are you trying to keep us guessing (or awake), changing your blog template around, or are you just doing some experimenting to find what you like?

Bea said...

You made it to the second step of the Fire Mountain contest? that is so AWESOME! Congrats!

Be sure to post pictures of the balloon frames -- it sounds so interesting when you describe them, I totally want to see them...