Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Playing around

the glue dried

and this is what the piece of fabric looks like after I sprayed it with dark green dye over the glue "drawings"

oh yes, I put salt in the dye spray, but I don't think it got totally disolved because the result has those little "spots" of more intense color

I like that the flowers really show up -- I was actually surprised that it worked so well

I don't like that the flowers are still "stiff" and a little sticky when they are damp

when I do my dark laundry load next week I'm going to toss this into the washer and see what happens --- I'm hoping that will remove the rest of the glue residue without loosing the image

we'll see

I got a very cool envelope in the mail yesterday from my friend in California

we've been working on similar projects, and since I've been sending her pictures of what I've been doing, she sent me some pictures of what she's been doing

got to LOVE this elephant!

on her note she says she cut this rubber stamp out of that nice white rubbery stuff from the craft store -- she must have had one of the really big sheets of it, because the actual print is 6.5 inches tall --- sooooo coooool!!!

I'm hoping to get to make a print or two of this elephant on a shirt I'm working on when I go to California ---- I think he'll go nicely with the giraffes I've been working on, and together they'll be just the thing on a jungle themed shirt

time to get movin'

No comments: