Friday, September 13, 2013

new beginning

it's been a while since I've done something "just for fun" 

this weekend we had plans for a lot of different activities, but with a lot of rain and a lot of closed roads, most of those plans have gone by the wayside

so this afternoon I started working on the background of this piece that I did the original sketch for back in May

it doesn't look like much right now, but I'm please with the way it's going

it was kind of nice to feel no pressure, just to enjoy the process -- I plan to do thread painting on this one, but unlike the pumpkins that have given me such trouble, there will be no raggedy edges here as I'm doing needle turned applique to put this one together

it's all about finding a technique that works for what I like the look of

a step in the right direction!!

No comments: