Tuesday, March 04, 2014

juggling those many hats

last week I was going full blast on this project

right now, however, it has been put on the back burner so that I can work on a piece for a competition

 this is the piece I'm making for the competition

it is totally different from anything I've done before, and I'm enjoying both the process and the way it looks so far


then there is this piece

I had originally put three birds up there in the sky, but it just seemed like too much, so over the weekend I picked two of them off

I still need to make the small ones in the sky a bit darker (you can barely see those in the picture), but I'm a lot happier with the look of this now

just need to get back to the quilting part


and there is this

the photo and the beginning of the quilted piece

this piece is ready for some painting and then the quilting

coming along


since last Friday I've been busy working on a lot of things other than art -- like taxes and doing research into real estate and touring a facility to hang an art quilt show and cleaning out the space that will be my studio in the basement

hope to work in the studio today


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

What do you call those things that were all the rage when we were kids... five metal balls hanging from strings pulled into V-shapes on a small wooden stand. You pull back on one or more of the stainless steel balls and set them clickety-clacking and watch the interactions between each little pendulum with the others till they finally all swing in tandem.

That's what that quilt is reminding me of. Delightful!