Wednesday, March 12, 2014

news from the garage workshop

the DH finished the refinishing project he's been working on while I've been reupholstering the chair

this table is old, he remembers it from his childhood, and over the years the top of it had been damaged and replaced and damaged again

he put down a whole new layer of walnut veneer on it, treated it with tung oil and waxed the whole piece

I think it's beautiful -- and it goes really well with that chair!

the bead work is finished and last night I coated the back with the fray check

today I hope to start putting together the bracelet


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Well done, both of you!

And I love the sense of motion in that bracelet. Picasso and a clock with a message: moving, forever moving forward. (You can tell I grew up around art museums.)