Sunday, July 05, 2015

progress on all fronts

this arrived in the mail on Thursday 

it is the sample swatch of the fabric I designed for my kitchen, and I have to say it is pretty cool to see my work transformed into cloth!

yesterday I ordered 4 yards of the fabric to use for the planned projects

and shortly I will make the fabric available for purchase through SpoonFlower -- pretty cool!

I have been working on this piece with a little more urgency this week -- I think I might actually be able to get it finished for the Art Walk show I'm doing on July 18th

the four bracelets I had planned for that show are already finished, so this one is a "bonus"!


and that is not the only thing I've been working on

this is the background layer progress made this week on the quilted piece

coming along


meantime, this photo that I took this week has become the focus of a design idea for another art quilt for a competition that has a deadline of October 1

hmmmm --- can I do this?  two big projects with deadlines within 30 days of each other?

time will tell



just because I'm working on those big projects doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything else

these two pictures are actually one hat -- totally reversible -- that I made for Mr Cute this week

he was pretty amazed by it when I gave it to him yesterday when they returned from their trip to see his other grandparents


while they were away, we had their two little dogs for "sleep over camp" at grandma's

and since I still have contractors in an out working on my studio, it made for some interesting days!



these pictures don't look like much but what they mean is that all of the drywall is up, taped and textured

tomorrow the work on finishing begins -- painting, flooring, plumbing, lighting -- and the goal here is to be all done by the end of July

whooo hoooo!


and there was a bit of outdoor work done this week too

the pots were a free find from a neighbor lady that wanted to get them out of her garage -- I'm thrilled to have them

each pot has some big rocks in the bottom then some pea gravel on top to hold the wood flowers

I need to get another bag of pea gravel to finish them up, but I love this on my back deck! 

it looks like I will need to repaint them before next summer, but for now I'm just going to enjoy


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

He'll be Mr. Frizzle in those hat patterns, ready to drive the Magic School Bus.