Thursday, April 05, 2007

3 done, 2 to go...

For some reason, when I'm working right up to a deadline for leaving for a show (we have ONLY 8 DAYS!) I'm never happy with how things turn out.





This little guy is supposed to be the Silver Anniversary Bear, for our celebrating 25 years of bear making, and I'm not really sure I like the way the whole face/tongue thing came out.

I'm also disappointed by the fact that I broke one of the really cool pale blue-gray eyes that I had hand painted for him when I was installing it, and since I have no more clear glass ones the right size, I had to make do with black. I think it spoils the whole effect, but what can I do.





And this is Amber or maybe Ambrose.

With this one too I'm not really happy with the mouth....it looks sort of like he/she got stung by a bee and the bottom lip swelled up....in fact I'm thinking about trying to find a little chenille bee to set in it so it looks more like its supposed to be like that.

At least with this one all the work of hand painting the eyes wasn't wasted, and I do like the color they came out. I also like the 2 color nose.

So I guess we're getting closer on this kind of face, and since its a new thing for us, I'm not giving up yet.






Now this guy came out even better than I expected!

The puppy I had made earlier in March has been adopted into a new home so I had to make a new one if we were going to have one to take to our show.

I made some changes to the pattern, and I like this one even better than the first one (it did take a bit longer to do, but I think its worth it!)

The next one will probaly be brown tones....I really like the patchworking effect!

I have started working on the sweater for my daugher. I cast on the 24 stitches needed to work the cable band that will be the bottom edge. As usual, I'm "tweaking" the pattern, so this will be an adventure!




12 half footballs complete ... only 2 more to go! I found the perfect plastic container to pack this into for the trip, one that I actually had on hand already which is a good thing.

lots to do today, so its time to get to it!

No comments: