Sunday, April 08, 2007

new project and internet frustration.....



Since I had everything finished that I needed to do for the show, I started a new bracelet.

The stone in the middle is a jasper that I had picked up at a gem show, and its been fun working with a limited palette of color.

This one is over half finished already, so it won't take a lot to get it finished. It will not be traveling with me, however. Its too difficult to work "on the road" on a piece that I need to have 16 tubes of beads open at a time!

I will be taking the piece I've been working on that's titled Let the River Run....right now I'm still working on the various bezels around the river rocks, so I usually need only 2 or 3 colors of beads open at a time....much easier to handle in the car or a hotel room.




Finally finished the "oatmeal" square. That's what this yarn looks like to me anyway, sort of lumpy cereal with little chunks of dried fruit in it....yummy!

I'll be taking yarn with me to knit more squares of course, so I should have a pretty hefty group to mail to Close Knit Hugs when I get back.

I spent a lot of time yesterday working on the totally new look for our web site. One of the things I do every time I revamp is check out every link on my links page to make sure they all work, that they go where they are supposed to and that if we have asked for an exchange that they have added us to their links page too.

When I did that link check I discovered that over half of the ones I have do not meet one or more of those criteria. Needless to say, my link page will be getting very short for the near future, and I'll be trying to find new links to add with new artists.

So here is a general invitation.....if you have a website for anything and would like to exchange links, drop me a note from my site HERE and we'll get it done!

So today I'll be working on more of this......

No comments: