Monday, October 21, 2013

my how time flies!

Can't believe it's been almost a week since I posted here!

As I said then, we are working hard to get our house ready to market, so we're busy

over the weekend my daughter and son in law came down to give us a hand with the heavy outdoor work

we got a Bagster at the local hardware store and on Saturday there was major pruning of pine trees and ash trees 

my son in law even removed a dead aspen tree -- felling it neatly into the neighbor's drive way -- which was exactly where it was supposed to go as the neighbor is going to cut it up and use it for firewood

at the end of the day we were all pretty tired -- including the dogs -- two of whom decided that on my daughter was the right place to warm their feet and take a nap

I have been working on this project some -- putting these vintage glass beads into beaded triangles

the piece these are for is going to be in a competition if I get it done by the deadline


yesterday afternoon the quilt show in Denver that I hung back in September had to be taken down

take down is always easier that putting one up!  it took about as long to drive there as it did to take down the show

which meant I finished another of these afghan squares  --  last week I shipped off a box full, and I need only four more to fill the next box -- rolling right along

time to get busy -- lots of laundry to do today, and I need to pack up those quilts and get them mailed back to the artists

No comments: