Thursday, June 11, 2015

returning to artistic pursuits

another of the Gees Bend Tribute bracelets is complete

I'm really pleased with the way the design of this one turned out

and this one is in progress

one of the fun things about these pieces is that I get to do beading that mimics the look of fabrics -- this piece includes a section that is green and white stripes and another that is orange with white polka dots

it's fun!




meantime, I have also returned to working on this series of shed door pieces

each of these picture pairs is the "before paint" on the left side and the "after paint" on the right

I'm excited to be back working on these and in a way impatient to have them finished so I can move on to the next series -- so typical of my thought processes!



and while we are discussing sheds -- we had this installed in the back yard last week

the first things we did were to paint the floor (to protect it from moisture) and install a shelf along one side to store chemicals and small tools

I'm so thankful we were able to have someone else do the hard work of the basic installation -- we've built a few sheds from scratch, and right now it just felt like our time and energy was better spent elsewhere

the studio finishing is now at the "waiting for permits and inspections" before anything else happens -- must be patient now

No comments: