Sunday, June 21, 2015

thinking about direction

oh look!

another finished bracelet

for a while I have been trying to come up with a different way to attach the clasps on these

this one is the first with the new version, and I'm pleased with the way it came out


as I've been working on doing stuff in my new kitchen, I've been looking for fabric that "speaks" to me to use for some curtains and a few other things

I have not been able to find anything that is the right combination of color, scale and whimsy

so I decided to have a go at making up some of my own

I had a file of various doodles that I had done a few years ago when I was designing some paper dolls and other paper graphics, and this is a "marriage" of several of those motifs

now that the drawing and the coloring is done, I'll be loading it up to get some fabric printed

I finished pinning up all the quilt "sandwiches" for the shed door series this week

I'm hoping to actually get to start stitching on these this week

already my mind is working on trying to figure out what the next series will be

meantime, I've started working on the next individual piece that I want to complete

this is the "pattern" to create the background layer for this piece, which currently has the working title "tsa-la-gi", the word for Cherokee in the Cherokee language

I'm doing this one to enter in a call for entries on the theme "Diaspora"



for a while I've been thinking about applying for juried artist status in a group I belong to -- on Monday I talked to someone in person about it, and I spent some time looking at the requirements

I am going to start working on part of the process that will be required -- creating my artist resume including a listing of all the exhibits I've either had a piece in or have curated

and in the meantime, I will continue to "do the work"

searching for that next series to work on!

No comments: