Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saying a fond farewell

to several animals!



Clem, a truly amazing piece with a cernit face that my husband sculpted went off with a very nice couple to add to their collection.



Every dodo we had has flown the coop.....


as did one of our flamingos....



The joker has a new home too



and our version of Soma the Red Dog has been adopted too

An assortment of other smaller bears also found new homes by day's end.

To be honest, I felt like I was manning someone else's booth, having not had this good a show in quite a while with the critters -- just when I had begun to doubt if I should keep doing them, I got resounding confirmation that there is still a market for the quirky little critters we create.

So, tomorrow bright and early we head home with some emptier tubs and a long list of new pieces to work on sometime between now and next April's show in Nevada City; and now I need to start shifting gears for next week's show which will be in Springfield, MO, with our jewelry.

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Congratulations Bev! Your creations are just adorable :)

Bev said...

it was great to get to meet you Laura -- I hope we get to do some other shows together!!