Friday, October 26, 2007

and the answer is.......



Its a turtle!

Having taken a bit of creative license here, this little gal is intended as a Christmas gift for the child of one of my daughter's friends.....since there will be a corresponding item for the little boy in that household, I needed to do something to differentiate between the two of them, so I did this one with a very pretty pink/rose varigated shell.

The next one will be tones of golds and blues.



I did make some changes to the face --- like my teddy bears (most of them), I decided that this little critter needed to SMILE!!

This was an easy pattern to make up. I did it in worsted weight yarn with bigger needles than the original because I figured bigger was okay for kids, and I had everything I needed to make them on hand that way.

Oh yes, the eyes are embroidered on, so this is a totally washable, child safe toy (no Mattel type issues here!)



Meanwhile, just in time for next weekend's show, I finished the black and white jasper necklace that I had been working on.

For more details, you can go here and see the whole piece.

Today I will be doing step one of the binding on my daughter's quilt. I finished the last quilting on it last night and trimmed up the edge. Binding this will be interesting as it is ALL curves! Wish me luck.....

time to get busy

1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Aaawwwwwwwwww, she's adorable! I may just have to make one of these guys, myself.