Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Packing for move in.....

Well, yesterday morning we decided it would be a good idea if we did the packing for the show we set up for tomorrow.

This is one of those central cashier things and we only have an 8 foot table (usually when I take my jewelry to a show I have a 10 foot by 10 foot booth to arrange as I like). Anyway, this smaller space requires me to really think about what display pieces, etc., I need to take.

Add to that the fact that the show promoter wants you to label every display piece with a sticker that has your name and phone number on it.....now, why, when I'll be there to set up and to tear down, do they need me to do that? I still haven't figured it out, but we dutifully applied stickers to everything except the lamp shades and the bed risers we put under the table legs.

I'm still unsure about rather I'll actually want to be on site for the whole thing -- one of the reasons I'm considering it (aside from to keep a close eye on my stuff and hopefully not have anything more stolen) is that the only way I can take a special order is to actually BE there to talk to the customer.

As a reward for having accomplished all of that, I took yesterday afternoon off of working on old projects and started a new one. Ok, the design work on this was already done, but I started sorted fabrics, selecting specific pieces and stitching them together. So, yes there is a new "ticker" on the side bar!



Its that day of the year when we invite our children to go out and beg for candy (this part must have been come up with by the dentists!) Anyway, I'll be manning the door this evening for the little goblins in the neighborhood. Our poor labrador really hates this holiday -- all those kids but she can't go out to play with them, and she gets none of the treats because they're all chocolate (I only buy things that I'll use the left overs from --- not that I need to eat any of it!!)

We have this cute plastic pumpkin that serves as our only Halloween decoration this year. I've just been to busy with other stuff to decorate windows, etc., and since we have no kids at home anymore, I'm just not that into it.

Happy Halloween to you all -- here's hoping you get more Treats than Tricks!!

No comments: