Friday, October 19, 2007

new "found" objects and a "what is it?"

The fun thing about making multi media pieces is that it is also an exercise in "living green".



and it gives new meaning to the phrase "one man's trash is another man's treasure"!

This lovely tray of goodies came all the way from Florida (thank you Charlotte!) to my house. Made of plastics and metals these mostly vintage pieces are basically black and white with an occasional splash of orange or some other 1950-ish color (but mostly orange).

My plan is to use some of these to create some new pieces of jewelry -- necklaces and bracelets with a "history".....should be fun!


Meantime, observant readers will notice that my UFO counter seems to be moving in the wrong direction the last few days. Thing is, UFOs have this habit of flying in under the radar and hidding out in odd places, only to be discovered again with the influance of serendipity (or perhaps bad luck!).

Actually, I've decided that so far my growing list of UFOs (with the possible exception of one I located yesterday afternoon) might actually be better described as WIPs in various states of hibernation.

Ok, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!



And then there is this.

Yes, it is on the list of UFOs, tho' it truly is WIP as I have been trying to work on it every day for the last week or so.

We will entertain guesses in the comment section, and I'll be adding "hints" as it moves along.

Today's chore is to load up the van for our show tomorrow. Nothing like getting up at 0 dark hundred to lug tables into a high school gym in the cold although we are getting a break this week -- its not supposed to start with the really cold and the snow until Sunday morning -- we're keeping our fingers crossed that the weather man is right on that score.

into the fray!!

3 comments:

Nancy G said...

Oooh, I know, I know! It's Terrapene ornata!

Bev said...

Yes, it is --- even tho' I thought someone's verbal comment that it looked like an uneven set of falsies was pretty clever!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I am totally at a loss, even with the answer before me! haha!