Monday, October 08, 2007

Bracelet nears completion!



Even though I spent a lot of time "playing" yesterday, I did manage to get the field work on the bracelet finished (well, pretty much, there is always some "tweeking" that goes on when I put it together).

So today I will be searching my "stash" for the right beads to do the edging. (They need to be the same color as part of the field, but they need to all be the same size, the random thing doesn't work on the edges!)

I haven't decided yet which suede I will use as the backing on this one.....but I'm thinking about red.....






Fall has really arrived.



The deciduous tree in the yard next door is growing through the branches of our lodge pole pine, but this is the only time of year you really notice it!

It does make for a pretty picture.



Our lab doesn't really care about the trees turning colors, what she's interested in is trying to catch those squirrels that keep coming into her yard!

Here she has just done a mad dash across the yard only to have the squirrels sit up in the tree and make chattering noises at her. (Actually I'm glad she isn't quick enough to catch one! The idea of having to "finish the job" for her isn't my idea of a good time.)

I spent a lot of my play time yesterday tracing the pattern for the next quilt I will be starting. Much fewer pieces in this one -- only about 200 -- but a new and interesting challenge.

Along the way I had to stop to take a phone order for a Toucan which I will be shipping out tomorrow (no mail service today -- Thanks Columbus!). This means that I really will need to get busy on some animals -- we now have no dodos, no toucans, only one penquin -- seems the birds have all "flown the coop" (hehehe).

So, today between loads of laundry, I will start in looking for patterns and fabrics to start in on new projects......

Oh yes, did you notice? I've finally figured out how to get my counters for projects to stay at the top of the blog so I don't have to keep cutting and pasting them! I can't take credit for being smart enough to have done it on my own, tho' -- thanks to my sister for walking me through it on the phone!!

No comments: