Monday, December 23, 2013

nothing better than brand new mittens!

Mr Cute had outgrown the mittens I made for him last year --- no big surprise

so his mama measured his hands and I made him a new pair -- took me just a couple of evenings, and I have to say I can't recall ever seeing a kid so excited about something as simple as a pair of mittens

I did do them in his favorite color -- bright orange -- I'm thinking that helps!

I'm making progress on the new face for the Couch Puppy quilt -- because what I'm now cutting and stitching is very different from what I had done before I couldn't draw it right on the piece I had used before, so I decided to draw the new face on a piece of parchment paper and use it as a "foundation" to create the new face

when I get it all finished, I'll remove the paper from the back and applique the face as a whole to the rest of the quilt

I'm beginning to get more excited about this as I go along because I think I'm going to be much happier with the "new and improved" version

I think this is going to be the next piece in the "Slice of Life" series -- this beautiful dog came to the family along with the son-in-law, and I have always loved her unusual eyes

now that I have a smart phone I take a lot more pictures with it, and I caught this amazing head shot of her recently

I think this might be a bit easier to do than that black dog I'm working on right now!


1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I let out a little exclamation of delight at seeing that happy smile with those mitts! Well done! (I spent a fair amount of time today using that same color orange towards a project for Parker. I'm loving the synchronicity here.)