Sunday, November 04, 2007

TGIF on Sunday

Most people work all week and have the weekend off.

For me, its working on the weekends, and I can tell you that this weekend was WORK!



This is our table all set up on Thursday afternoon.

To begin with, all of the paperwork I had received ahead of time made me believe that we were getting an 8 foot table -- guess again! The table was only 6 foot, so we had to make major adjustments to our set up.

Then as we were putting up lights (I had planned to have 3), one of the clip supports that hold the lamp together broke (and sent all of the little springs and clips inside flying). So there were only 2 lights on the table -- not a major problem since it was a smaller table.

After having had so much stolen from us at the last show we decided that we would be on site for most of this one, so we made the trip up and back all three days.

For all that effort, we sold only 3 of our least expensive pieces, and we probably won't see the check for it for a couple of weeks.

Needless to say, we won't be doing this one again, just not enough traffic to make it worth while.

Saturday afternoon my sister came by and spent some time with me, and stayed to help us pack up. A couple more shows and we'll have her all trained! Its good to have some time to just "chat", and since I was within easy driving for her, it worked out well.

On the up side, I had lots of time in the car, so my afghan square count down is now in the single digits!!



And, I finished this little guy---cute! one more item off the "to do" list of UFOs -- but I'll probably be adding more to the bottom.....its a never ending cycle.

So today we'll unload the car and I'll start thinking about what we're taking to next week's show.......{sigh}

No comments: