Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Elphie and the divining rod

I took this picture (and several other angles) on Saturday in our side yard

it's a little hard to see, but what inspired the picture taking was the stick she had picked up and had between her front paws -- it looks like a diving rod!

what I did not notice until I opened the picture on my computer screen later is the awesome shadow pattern across the picture

this will be going into my file to turn into another art quilt

meantime, work on sorting, packing and moving stuff continues -- I'm struggling with not having any time to work on art projects as my sewing just now is focused on getting Christmas projects done, and there has not been any extra time to do art between those things -- feeling pretty cranky about that mostly because I can't see the end of it right now

trying to deal with what appears to be the new normal of pain level now that cold weather and storm fronts are rolling through is not doing anything to improve my state of mind either

just trying to soldier on

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope the moving and holiday-making wrap up quickly--and I'm hoping you get to go somewhere warmer.