Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back to work!

Well, I survived the weekend!

On Saturday evening my daughter got married, and my 6 month stint as "wedding coordinator" was complete. We don't have professional pictures yet, but there are a couple of snap shots of the happy couple on my "Random Thoughts" blog which you can view by clicking here. More pictures will be coming later when I get all of the photo CDs from everyone that was there.

She was a beautiful bride, and he's a wonderful guy. For the rest of this week we're keeping their dog, so we're having fun playing with 2 dogs! (pictures of the dogs on the "Random Thoughts" blog too!)



I have managed to get a necklace completed!!

This is one of those "did I do that?" moments when I take the photos of the piece and then have that sort of "out of body" experience that makes me wonder how I managed it.

I think this one is awesome!!

Last night I started working on ideas for another multi stone piece with this kind of open net work as the background. I don't know yet what sort of beads I will use to put it together -- the stones are greens and browns, so I don't think I'll be using silver like I did on this one.

Spending a lot of time in the van last weekend did allow me to do a lot of knitting and crocheting. I finished a lot of things on that front!






Another all cotton hotpad (I'm getting all kinds of requests for these things, so there will be many of these made as Christmas gifts!)









This is all cotton too.....just love this pattern....its right out of the Mason Dixon Knitting book, and I've now knit it enough times that I no longer need the pattern.....now that's the power of repetition!!

I started another of these in the car too, and its about half done.



Then there is this oddity. In case you haven't been reading my blathering for a long time, this is a cover for a wet jet swiffer. My daughter shares my objection to needlessly adding to the land fills, so a while back I did an experimental model of this for her, and it worked really well. Having one to wash and one to use is a good thing!!

This is, by the way, an adaptation of that wash rag pattern that I was talking about, and I used up some buttons that I already had in the house.


















And of course afghan squares. I now have 11 of these done, so after only 2 more a box will be ready to be shipped.

I did finish the quilt top for my daughter and the center medallion was all quilted before the wedding. I'll be spending time every day working on the quilting now until I get it finished -- in fact, I invited my sister to come and work on it too.

Well, guess its time to get back to work. I still have laundry to finish and I'm washing up punch bowls and serving trays to go back into storage or back to the people I borrowed them from.....

better get moving!

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Bev they are really a beautiful couple!! WOW what a lot of work being wedding coordinator too. Enjoy the puppy sitting!

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

I'm so glad the wedding was great! Yep, I'm with you--back to work!