Monday, August 06, 2007

Christmas in August!!

When we arrived home from Denver on Saturday afternoon, the post man had left me a package on the front porch (nice guy that he is, he put it where it wouldn't get wet, which was good since it had been raining for a while).

This is what I found inside:


Sixteen balls (some of them totally untouched!) of the lovely cotton that I have been making into dish rags and hotpads. And such a nice assortment of colors....mmmmmmm, hot pink, bright orange, lovely shades of blues. I have already begun using some of this little treasure trove!



And, plastic bags -- green ones and blue ones and several with purples and reds -- yummy good stuff to be cut into strips -- a good project for an evening when I'm feeling too "brain dead" to do anything requiring heavy thought!!



Then there are these wonderful things!! Just in time for me to use them for long quilting sessions and long cake decorating sessions!!

All of this bounty came from my sister -- just a busy little "Christmas" elf she's been sending this to me!!





So the cotton yarns arrived just in time, as I finished up this hotpad on Saturday in the car, and was left with only a little bit of the blue cotton in my "stash".

This is my Salute to the Gees Bend Quilters in crochet form (notice the little odd patches of blues here and there.

Sadly there is no more of this soft "heathery" reddish yarn left, but we'll be moving on to other cottons.












As always when I'm in the car, I got some afghan squares done too.

Yesterday I worked on the "sample" blouse to make sure my pattern worked properly, and did the laundry. Today I will be making the trip to the fabric store to find something to make up for the wedding.

and so we're off and running......

2 comments:

Nancy G said...

"Sadly there is no more of this soft 'heathery' reddish yarn left..."

If I come across any more of it, I'll be happy to share. I do still have LOTS of that yarn in both the faded denim and navy blue colors, if you would like any of it. LMK

Bev said...

oddly enough, the clothing made out of that stuff didn't stand the test of time as it slowly stretched and stretched 'til it was WAY too big to fit Dorothy. It does make fabulous hotpads, dish rags and swiffer covers however! Go figure. Did this stuff come in anything other than blues and red? I can't recall seeing anything else. Whenever you're packing up another "Care Package" you could toss some in.