Sunday, August 26, 2007

ready for the next step.....



now that the uproar of the wedding is done, I'm back to working on other projects.

The drawing that I will work from for the next quilt is complete. We made some changes to the dragon (only 3 toes per foot -- a proper dragon from Japan!), and adjusted some other things in the design so that it actually is square at the corners.

So sometime in the future (when its not so hot and I don't mind having the patio door closed), I can begin tracing the entire thing onto freezer paper.



Meantime, the quilting on the wedding quilt continues. My sister came down on Thursday and we spent several hours working on it.

Because of the overlapping rings in the design structure its much harder to tell how much progress has been made....its not like you can say "ok, that block is finished" because every block shares at least 2 sides with another one. I can say that work above the center monogram is progressing nicely.

I'm making progress on building the bezels around the stones for the next piece of jewelry....one of the stones is a round piece about 2 1/2 inches in diameter, and it took quite a while to work all around that. The current plan is to use a netting structure similar to the last piece I did for this one, we'll see how that goes.

time to get to work!

No comments: