Wednesday, August 29, 2007

no pictures today.....

the ears on the next bear are just NOT happenin'!

The idea was to make the ears "different" (ok, how many different styles of ears can you put on a bear and still have it at least vaguely resemble a bear?!), so I drew up the pattern (way back when I started on this guy, probably 2 months ago), cut them out, sewed them up --- all the usual yada yada......

then came the realization yesterday as I was FINALLY ready to stitch them on, that they were WAY too big....we're talking Mickey Mouse big....no, Sally Field's Flying Nun big...he looked like he was ready to launch (and I considered launching him across the room!!)

So, I restitched the ears about 1/4 inch inside the old stitching line, retrimmed and tried again......nope, still wrong

at that point I decided to apply my usual tactic....set him back in the basket and think about it a while....something will come to me.....I just hope it happens before I need to be packing up these critters to go to Kansas City!!

maybe today will be better

1 comment:

Kelly (Lynn) Parra said...

Yikes, can't have mickey ears! Good luck! :) :)