Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Actual studio work

Along with all the getting ready for surgery house preparations, I actually have taken some time this week to work on some projects.

This is what I'm refering to as the "frame band" for the balloon piece. I still have about 3 inches of flat straight single color (read BORING here) peyote stitch to do to finish this up before I can fit it in the frame and zip it together.

Then I'll just have to figure out how to attach the balloons

All the rest of this project is ready for the contructions stage, so at least "on paper" it should be easy from here --- heh, right ---

I have finished doing the beading and embroidery and marker embellishment on the little giraffe stamp.

Borders have been added on the left side and at the bottom (the one at the bottom is a fabric I created by doing applique of shapes in different colors over the base fabric)

This has now been pin basted and the detail quilting has begun --- in orange thread of course.

Once the quilting is done I'll need to figure out what sort of hanging device I'm going to add to this. Right now I'm considering loops and a rod decorated with some beads and fringe. We'll see how that goes.

Nice to have a small quilting project to work on



(and, by the way, that unidentified big quilting project I'm working on has also been pin basted so I can start the quilting on it)

and here we have the first of the Kansas architecture pieces -- The Bank

notice that the top has been inked in with a blue color

this piece is intended to be mixed media, so I decided that the blue marker made a good "sky" backdrop for the bank building

The center of this will have a piece of sort of irridescant fabric for the glass with rows of size 15 seed beads to serve as the "frames" of the glass.

and I'm planning to use bugle beads vertically with seeds horizontally for the "pillars" on each side

It should be interesting, and I'm sure will change as it moves along

time to get busy!

No comments: