Thursday, July 16, 2009

Something else to share

Somehow in all the commotion since we returned from California, I have neglected to post this treasure I got while I was on vacation.

This is a ball of 100% silk yarn --- 1100 yards! --- of hand painted soft fine wonderfulness

And such a lovely colorway --- soft aquas to almost white ---- mmmmmmmmm!

And so, you're thinking, "what are you doing with that?"

Well, after my experiment with knitting lace on a bigger scale, I'm planning to do lace more in the weight that lace is meant to be with this loveliness.

Yesterday I finished the beading of the frame liner for the Carried Away project -- hurrah!!

So today I'm doing last minute things --- laundry, cleaning and moving my printer upstairs to hook up to my laptop for using the next couple of weeks while my stair mobility is limited (surgery is one thing, but don't ask me to do without my computer for that long!!!)

I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Oh, Claudia's silk is nice stuff! Have fun!

Bev said...

thanks Alison!