Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Oh look, real projects!

I'm actually beginning to work on things!

This is the beading piece I had gotten all set up a week or so ago, and now I'm working on the beading.

I used a piece of sort of irridesdant fabric over that entire center part for the old ripply glass that was in the original building --- notice you can read the "BANK" lettering on the door.

Once I finish the parts around the door I will be using even smaller beads to do an "X" through each of the rectangular "windows" to look like the original metal work on the front of this building.

(And as soon as I'm allowed to go up and down stairs as much as I want I'll scan the original photo so you can see the bead work and the "real thing" side by side)

Meantime I'm working on the binding around the little giraffe wall hanging, and I've just started shaping the armholes on the back of the the sweater I'm knitting.

slowly getting better

No comments: